Monday, September 5, 2011

La Playa yet again

When you think of Spain do you think of......gorgeous beaches? cobblestone streets? the cutest little boutiques? awesome restaurants? really good looking guys?
Yeahh.....that's pretty much the town of Moraira. Yesterday Angela, Miguel and I went to Moraira because that's where his older sister lives. She lives in this awesome apartment like 2 blocks away from the beach and Molly, that is what I want our apartment to look like when we move to N.Y.C. Obviously not 2 blocks away from the beach...but the way it was decorated and set up was so cute.
The town of Moraira was so awesome. It had cobblestoned streets with boutiques and restaurants galore. It also had an outdoor market with little stands that sold the cutest jewelry in the entire world. Also, it had a really little castle that was still there from hundreds of years ago. So it pretty much had all of the best elements of Spain thrown into one awesome little town.
We ate lunch in Miguel's sister's apartment. First we had tapas (of course), that consisted of fish, eggs, peppers, mussels, and potato chips? Mom, you should be very proud to know that I tried everything, even though you know that I hate half of those foods.
Then came the next course (lunch is always at least 2 courses because it's the biggest meal of the day). It was chicken and rice with raisins and some kind of nut in it. It was really good, and I was really happy because they made chicken instead of fish. Then, Angela made a sort of pumpkin pie, but not exactly the same thing and it had chocolate on it and it was amazing. Everything was delicious except that everyone here thinks I don't eat enough. Which is completely ridiculous, because I love to eat. It's just that they have their biggest meal at lunchtime, and I'm used to having it at dinnertime so I 'm never that hungry during lunch.
After lunch, was of course, siesta. Now I know I talk about siestas all the time, but seriously, the people are amazing here. They pretty much say, "Here, eat my food! No, eat more please! Then, when you're done, go sleep in my bed! No, please! Sleep as long as you want! Then, we can go to the beach!" Which is exactly what I did.
I love them. Everyone I've met here has been so warm and kind, and they are very giving. I give them so much credit. If I were them, I would never let some strange American girl eat my food then sleep in my bed, but that just shows the kind of people that they are.
After I took a lovely nap in Miguel's sister's son's bed, Angela and I went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day yesterday and the water in the Mediterranean is so clear and warm. I think Angela probably thinks I' some kind of weird sea creature, because literally every time I swim in the Mediterranean I get so happy and laugh for pretty much no reason except for the fact that I'm swimming in the Mediterranean. Every time I get in that water, I'm like a little kid again splashing and swimming around like it's the greatest thing in the world, which actually, it really is.
After we were done swimming, Angela and I took a walk on the beach which took less than 10 minutes because of how tiny the beach is there. But it was so nice, because the sights were amazing, and this beach actually had sand instead of rocks so it didn't hurt to walk around.
Then, we came home and had a casual dinner in the living room which consisted of leftovers from their dinner party for them, and for me it was tostado con tomatoe which is pretty much my go to meal because of how delicious it is.
Then we watched some T.V. and watched the Spanish celebrity gossip channel, which pretty much talks about the American celebrities and their lives, but also talks about the Spanish ones. The Spanish celebrities however, are the toreros, ( the spanish bullfighters), and the soccer players and their girlfriends. It was kind of bizarre to see that the bullfighters were as famous and followed by paparazzi as actors here in America are.
Anyways, yesterday was so much fun and although I miss my family and friends, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.













No comments:

Post a Comment