I love these random little trips because they allow me to see so much of Spain. The entire car ride was gorgeous, I loved every minute of it because we either saw mountains or the sea or both. It was amazing.
We went through Calpe, Altea ( a famous town in Spain for artists), and Benidorm (which is known worldwide for its amazing beaches and discotechas). We finally got to Alicante, and I loved it. It was such a nice city, yet right on the beach. We had to go because I needed some kind of paper for my school.
After we got the papers settled, Miguel had to make some phone calls and he let me walk on the boardwalk and beach for 20 minutes. It was such a beautiful day, and the sights and sea were so indescribable. I took pictures, the only problem is I am bad with technology(as most of you know) so I have to figure out how to put them up.
Then we came home, at almorzar which was pasta and tuna (we eat a lot of tuna), and then had....SIESTA. But I was actually very productive and didn't sleep the entire time, but put away some of my clothes.
Then, Angela and I walked to our neighbors house. They are very nice and have so many animals and exotic fruit growing that I have never tasted before. I tried these little apples called something along the lines of a gordinza. Yo olvido.
Then we sat down and they told me about the traditional festivals that happen in April, but it was a bit hard to follow. Also, I tried the traditional drink of Valencia, called Horchata de chufa. It was really weird tasting. I don't know what it was, but I politely drank it so as not to offend anyone (I seem to be doing a lot of that lately). I looked it up later to see what it was made out of and it said tiger nuts, water, and sugar. I can't even describe the taste, it was so peculiar but not in a good way.
Then, my friend Thais called Angela to see if I could hang out with her and Nerea and Reuben. Angela dropped me off in Benissa and we walked to what was an apartment building, but also had an abandoned garage inside. We walked in and I met many of Thais' friends. It was 4 boys that pretty much use the garage as the ultimate man cave. I'm talking spray painted walls (one boy is an artist), an xbox, and a room for their band.
We pretty much sat there and they talked and smoked and played futbol on the xbox and I tried to understand what they were saying.Then, we all went into the back room and watched their band play. I guess it was punk rock music. It was good, and they were skilled with their instruments, but it was not necessarily my cup of tea. Or horchata.
It was just so strange to think that last week I was with my best friends in little old Pitman, New Jersey, and today I am in Spain in an abandoned garage listening to Spanish punk rock music. Es muy extraño.
Anyways, everyday here is pretty much a new adventure. I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow but I just hope it is as fun as it has been the last few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment